'Hearts in Harmony' community choirs
‘Hearts in Harmony’ community choir – aims to celebrate each unique voice.
7.30-9 PM EVERY THURSDAY commencing 5th Feb 2015
Rehearsals take place weekly and the choirs perform at concerts and
special events. Repertoire includes a wide range of songs and musical styles from around the world that reflect the cultural makeup and diversity of the local community. Movement, actions, signing, improvisation and playing of percussion instruments is added to the mix to provide something for everyone to enjoy.
Venue Music Works, Let’s Sing, Glenhuntly Rd, Elsternwick (near Kooyong Rd)
What do we do?
· Begin with vocal warm ups including relaxation, breathing and vocal exercises.
· Explore various forms of music (e.g. African chants, rounds, call and response, Indigenous songs, gospel, folk, jazz, musicals, and world music).
· Incorporate movement, actions, harmonies, instrumental accompaniment, signing, improvisation and even a few solos for those who wish.
· Work towards a number of performances during the year
The benefits of such a group include:
· Social interaction
· Building self esteem and confidence
· Self expression and creativity
· Enhancement of health and well being
Who can join?
Anyone who enjoys singing, is happy to make a commitment and has a sense of FUN!
Susie Davies – Splitter (M.Ed Mus.) Susie has a performing background having played keyboards and sung in jazz and function bands as well as lots of solo work. She has also led school and adult choirs for many years. She has a passion for singing and believes it’s a great source of expression for everyone. www.welcometomusic.net
What to bring - Display book with plastic pockets, recording device and drink bottle
Contact details – Phil Splitter email@example.com
To download the flyer and to register by post or fax click here
To register on line: Click here